Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goal for the day: Go Home :)

So I am pretty sure we'll be leaving this evening! It's really remarkable how well she's done - I think she knew family was coming in town tonight and didn't want to be seen in the hospital, lol. She looks great though... you would honestly never know she just went through a serious surgery. We'll continue on the schedule for feeding at home of 3.5 ounces every 3.5 hours with hopes of increasing that soon to 4 ounces every 4 hours. I'll be working with her doctors soon to see about dropping one of the night time feedings so I can keep my sanity. I don't know what we would have done the past two weeks without friends and family bringing us dinner...

Anyway, she's handled her full feedings over an hour time span and now we are going to try over a half hour period (like we did at home) and we'll have two more of those to make sure she does well before being released. I might request to stay through rush hour traffic, hahaha, seriously though :) She's such a good girl - even all of the nurses have been extremely impressed with her alertness, non-fussiness, etc. She just rests on her back and looks around quite content. I think she'll be glad to get home though - much more fun things to look at even though Children's does a great job for a hospital...

One of my best friends is watching Reese for us and I am pretty sure he's going to be sad coming home. Right now, he is getting to stay outside all day in this beautiful weather in a large fenced in backyard with his girlfriend. Lila is a chocolate lab/chow mix who he absolutely loves to chase around the yard and play with. Hopefully I can take him for a run around the neighborhood this weekend and play with him outside so he doesn't get too depressed and neglected, lol. He's such a good dog.

I'll let you know how things go! Stay tuned :) and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment